Sunday, December 05, 2010

To My Granddaughter Grandma's Pearls of Wisdom

Saw this poem and wanted to share it with you all it's a great thought and fits the holiday season we are in right now.




To My Granddaughter…


Grandma’s


Pearls of Wisdom


By Becky Netherland


I've traveled paths you've yet to walk


Learned lessons old and new


And now this wisdom of my life


I'm blessed to share with you


Let kindness spread like sunshine

Embrace those who are sad

Respect their dignity, give them joy

And leave them feeling glad


Forgive those who might hurt you

And though you have your pride

Listen closely to their viewpoint

Try to see the other side


Walk softly when you're angry

Try not to take offense

Invoke your sense of humor

Laughter's power is immense!


Express what you are feeling

Your beliefs you should uphold

Don't shy away from what is right

Be courageous and be bold


Keep hope right in your pocket

It will guide you day by day

Take it out when it is needed

When it's near, you'll find a way


Remember friends and family


Of which you are a precious part


Love deeply and love truly


Give freely from your heart



The world is far from perfect


There’s conflict and there’s strife


But you still can make a difference


By how you life your life


And so I’m very blessed to know


The wonders you will do


Because you are my granddaughter


And I believe in you

No comments: