Monday, January 28, 2013

Do you need to see if your tax refund will be offset by any claims?

Call 1-800-304-3104 and an automated service will take you through a few prompts, you give your name date of birth and social security number, and you will be told if there are any offsets against your refund for this tax year. 

Be aware this can change between when you check and when your return is processed as offsets are placed on refunds as filed. But for the most part if you don’t find an offset at the time you are filing you will usually have little chance of one being filed in time to offset your refund for this year.

No comments: